When you finally tie the knot, said your vows and “I do’s,” and the honeymoon is over, it is time to begin facing the reality of marriage. You and your spouse may begin by taking time to do these three things necessary for a newly married couple.
Fulfill your post-wedding duties
Although the wedding is over,there are important things you must look into with regards to the ceremony. Below are some of them:
- Ensure that those who have rendered you services for the wedding such as the coordinator, caterer, florist, and others are paid. Do secure a written confirmation that the final payment has been settled.
- Also, see to it that you’ll have rented tuxedos or gowns returned after your wedding to avoid additional charges. This is especially important if you’re about to leave out of town for your honeymoon.
- Moreover, as a gesture of courtesy, write thank you notes to appreciate your guests and their generosity for the wedding gifts you’ve received. Mailing personalized thank you cards would be very thoughtful and sincere. However, messaging or calling them will still be much appreciated.
Move into your new home
After or even while ensuring that all matters related to your wedding are settled, you can start moving into your new home. Most couples worry that they can’t start building their dream houses yet. The reality is you can begin by renting a house while saving money to build your own home.
You can find lots of houses for rent in Stratford Taranaki. You may do an ocular visit of this location or any other prospect residence you have in mind. Then, moving into your new home, be it rented or owned, will not be a problem anymore.
Get acquainted with the process of changing your name
Lastly and most importantly, you have to be acquainted with the process of name change in New Zealand:
- If you wish to change surnames, usually you don’t have to go through any processes.
- When you’re married, a form will be sent to you for you to change details in the electoral roll. Or else, you may simply begin using your name now.
- There are different rules of organizations in providing I.D. but showing your marriage certificate as proof that you are using your husband’s last name would suffice.
Here are just some of the necessary things you have to do after the ceremony. Take time in settling these with your spouse to ensure that you’ve taken care of the important matters as newlyweds.